[fedora-java] java specfile reviewfest

Deepak Bhole dbhole at redhat.com
Sun Feb 11 19:32:53 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 12:42 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
> Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > * Petteri Räty <betelgeuse at gentoo.org> [2007-02-09 17:49]:
> >> Do you have notes somewhere on how you are able to build maven2 or work
> >> around it downloading dependencies from the network repository while
> >> building?
> >
> > Deepak Bhole will be able to explain this.  Perhaps he'll have some time
> > this weekend to respond.  If not, check out the JPackage package of it -
> > that's what we'll be importing into Fedora.
> >
> > Andrew
>
> I found maven-1.0 in jpackage and took a quick look. At least that one
> seemed to be faking a repository.

Hi Petteri,

Maven2 does does something similar. The JPackage (and soon to be in
Fedora) maven2 has code ammendments made to it to:

1) Allow complete offline behavior
2) Allow it to use /usr/share/java as a repository

A mapping subsystem is added to maven2 (via patches during rpmbuild)
that allows the user to tell maven2 where the jar is in /usr/share/java
based on the original groupid/artifactid.

All of the changes have been made such that they are optional i.e.
unless specific properties are defined at run time, maven2 will behave
exactly like upstream maven, bypassing all changes made by rpm patches.

Let me know if you need specific details on any of the changes.

Cheers,
Deepak