[fedora-java] Re: blueMarine and openJDK -- second attempt

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Wed Aug 6 17:33:34 UTC 2008

Hi Benjamin,

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 13:20 -0400, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > The very latest rpms can always be found through the koji build system:
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=5920
> > (Note that some of these are really pretty new/cutting-edge)
>
> I just tried these RPMs with OpenNMS on fc9 and I get this error:
>
> > PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [org.opennms.netmgt.statsd.RelativeTime] for property 'relativeTime'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported value: YESTERDAY
> >         at org.springframework.beans.AbstractPropertyAccessor.setPropertyValues(AbstractPropertyAccessor.java:104)
> >         at org.springframework.beans.AbstractPropertyAccessor.setPropertyValues(AbstractPropertyAccessor.java:59)
> >         at org.springframework.beans.AbstractPropertyAccessor.setPropertyValues(AbstractPropertyAccessor.java:55)
> >         at org.opennms.netmgt.statsd.ReportDefinitionBuilder.buildReportDefinitions(ReportDefinitionBuilder.java:83)
> >         at org.opennms.netmgt.statsd.Statsd.start(Statsd.java:70)
> >         at org.opennms.netmgt.daemon.AbstractSpringContextJmxServiceDaemon.start(AbstractSpringContextJmxServiceDaemon.java:91)
> >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> >         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
> >         at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:111)
> >         at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:45)
> >         at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:226)
> >         at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)
> >         at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:251)
> >         at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:857)
> >         ... 13 more
>
> ...presumably there's some kind of esoteric date handling that is not
> supported by openjdk yet...

If you got the source code available that would be a big help. And
hopefully a simple/short reproducer.

> What's the best way to open a bug on this?  I tried going to the OpenJDK
> site and couldn't figure out where to actually report issues.
> "Contributing" talks about submitting code, but there's no link to an
> issue tracker.  :)

What the distributions actually package is called IcedTea
http://icedtea.classpath.org/ which is the project that all GNU/Linux
distros collaborate on to get top-notch free software java support
around OpenJDK. It comes with its own bugtracker:
http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla

But you can of course also file bugs in your distributions bug tracker
against the package (if you suspect it might be a distro specific
issue). They will then escalate it if necessary.

Please include as much information as possible, including full versions
and if at all possible a short reproducer (with source code). But any
additional info is appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark