[fedora-java] Re: Newbie question

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 21:46:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:08:18 -0500, Earl <ehodil at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm grasping at straws. How do you run
> Java from a terminal under RedHat Linux 5.1. I just downloaded a 3270
> terminal emulator that is a bunch of class files and I'm guessing that
> what I've got to do is kick it off by running the main one under a
> terminal.

Well, let blind lead the blind... I don't know anything about Java, but
I think that if it's just a bunch of classes, it will not work. An
application needs "public static void main" in the top class. But in
any case, "a bunch of class files" sounds pretty hopeless. Not even a jar?
Someone was really lazy, and the thing most likely never worked to begin
with.

-- Pete

P.S. Why don't you just use x3270?