[fedora-java] libvirt-java bindings

Benjamin Reed ranger at opennms.org
Tue Jul 1 16:15:14 UTC 2008

Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Portability tricks and eyeballs for the review would be very welcome !

It also still wouldn't work with the official sun RPMs, which I wish we
had some kind of simpler solution for, interoperability-wise.

At least making it a define of some kind would make it easy to generate
the packages twice, once for fedora deps, and once for sun deps.  ie,
instead of:

> %define java	java

...you could do something like this instead:

%{!?java_requires:%define java_requires java}
%{!?java_buildrequires:%define java_buildrequires java-devel}
%{!?java_min_version:%define java_min_version 1.5.0}

> and
> Requires:	%{java} >= 1.5.0
> BuildRequires:	%{java}-devel >= 1.5.0

...and then:

Requires: %{java_requires} >= %{java_min_version}
BuildRequires: %{java_buildrequires} >= %{java_min_version}

This lets you do:

   rpmbuild \
     --define "java_requires jre" \
     --define "java_buildrequires jdk" \
     --define "java-min_version 1.6.0" \
     -ba mypackage.spec

...to override the defaults.  (I think that's the right syntax...)

--
Benjamin Reed
The OpenNMS Group