[fedora-java] libvirt-java bindings

Mary Ellen Foster foster at in.tum.de
Wed Jul 2 14:42:59 UTC 2008

2008/7/2 Mary Ellen Foster <foster at in.tum.de>:
> 2008/7/2 Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com>:
>>> But I'm not sure if I want to make these modifications to the package.
>>> If I build a JNI program against gcj, can the resulting .so be used
>>> with Sun-like JVMs? How does this work? Is it documented anywhere?
>>
>> I think so.
>
> Hmm. Maybe I'll give that a try this afternoon then.

Well, would you look at that -- JNI shared objects built against GCJ
do indeed seem to work just fine when I run them with IcedTea or
OpenJDK. That's cool! So my Java sub-package can now be enabled on F8
ppc{64} as well, which is a bonus.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München