[fedora-java] blueMarine and openJDK -- second attempt

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Sun Jul 6 12:03:14 UTC 2008

Hi Matej,

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 01:14 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> I was trying once already to use blueMarine image cataloging
> program with IcedTea (which was then still too raw;
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.java/2311). Now
> when the OpenJDK was officially certified to be a Java, I tried
> again, and I wasn't that much successfull either. Could anyboyd
> who actually understands Java and Fedora, could join a thread on
> http://bluemarine.tidalwave.it/forum/posts/list/1179.page and
> something useful there, please?

Could you provide us with some more information? Why is the application
depending on the Motif Toolkit? You disable that in your workaround to
get it working. IcedTea/OpenJDK does indeed not support that toolkit,
but it would be good to know why it was explicitly used in the first
place. And what are the "some errors during startup" that you are seeing
exactly?

Thanks,

Mark