[fedora-java] Packaging BIRT

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 16:01:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

I took a brief look at BIRT dependencies using the PDE dependency
visualizer [1].  I've attached its PNG output for
org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.swt and org.eclipse.birt.chart.examples
(what I thought would be a decent high-level bundle).  It looks like we
should have most of the necessary dependencies in Fedora already (or up
for review):

batik
fop
avalon-{framework.logkit}
eclipse-emf

We'll have to add OSGi metadata matching what's in Orbit to batik, fop,
and possibly avalon-*.  It looks like we've already got it for commons
codec.  After that, I'm hoping we'll be able to use RPM Stubby [2] to
help us package BIRT :)

Help is always more than welcome if anyone's interested.  I can
elaborate if necessary.  The reason we're interested in doing this is so
that once they've had a release, we can get the eclipse.org Linux Tools
project's Valgrind tools [3] into Fedora.

Thanks,

Andrew

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/pde/incubator/dependency-visualization/index.php

The key piece of information I needed to get it to work was that I had
to right-click in the view to specify a bundle

[2]
http://www.eclipse.org/linuxtools/projectPages/rpmstubby

[3]
http://www.eclipse.org/linuxtools/projectPages/valgrind