[fedora-java] Help me understand (and fix!) this pdebuild failure on 64-bit archs

Mary Ellen Foster foster at in.tum.de
Thu Jan 29 16:39:24 UTC 2009

I'm playing around with a couple of Eclipse plugin packages that are
almost ready to go up for review. They both now build cleanly on my
(i386) computer in mock, so I decided to try out koji.

One of them reproduceably fails to build on x86_64 and ppc64, with
errors like this:
Building feature = org.vimplugin.feature.
Symlinking SDK into
/builddir/build/BUILD/eclipse-vimplugin-0.3.4/build/SDK directory.
/bin/sh /usr/lib64/eclipse/buildscripts/copy-platform
/builddir/build/BUILD/eclipse-vimplugin-0.3.4/build/SDK
/usr/lib64/eclipse
ln:
creating symbolic link `about.html'
: File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `artifacts.xml': File exists
ln:
creating symbolic link `configuration'
: File exists

(lots more errors of this type can be seen in the build.log under
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1091518 or
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1091543)

This failure (a) doesn't happen with the other plugin I just built in
koji (https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1091481),
and (b) doesn't happen on i386 or ppc
(https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1091529).

pdebuild is basically a mystery to me ... any idea what's going on?

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München