[fedora-java] Help me understand (and fix!) this pdebuild failure on 64-bit archs

Mary Ellen Foster foster at in.tum.de
Fri Jan 30 16:33:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> wrote:
> * Mary Ellen Foster <foster at in.tum.de> [2009-01-30 11:09]:
>> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > I think the problem may stem from the fact that there is already a build
>> > and build/SDK directory (with symlink contents) in your source tarball.
>>
>> Huh. Okay, never noticed that part, I'll just delete it before
>> building. So why does it only fail on 64-bit machines then?
>
> I'm not 100% sure but I think it's 'cause the broken symlinks in the
> source tarball are to /usr/lib/eclipse stuff which doesn't exist on
> x86_64.

Aha, yes, of course -- "test -e broken-symlink" returns false because
it follows the link. That explains it.

So if I delete the "build" directory first, things seem to build
cleanly on all architectures:
    https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1094129
Yay!

Expect to see a couple of new Eclipse plugins going up for review in
the next few days. :)

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München