[fedora-java] Re: aot-compile-rpm and bouncycastle

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 19:54:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:

> Orcan, please do this.
>
> Andrew.

Sure Andrew. Just in rawhide or in stable branches too?

I have a question that has been puzzling me for a while: I disabled
the building of AOT bits for bouncycastle because that produced an
empty debuginfo package which I couldn't resolve otherwise (I tried
things you once suggested: no go).

So, basically when I make a new java package I first try to build it
with GCJ. If it does build, I build the AOT bits too and I make the
package arch-specific. On the other hand, if the package does not
build with gcj but builds with openjdk only, I make it require java >
1.5 (this excludes gcj) and I do not build the AOT bits. This time the
package becomes noarch.

In the case of bouncycastle, I thought that the debuginfo package is
empty because the package really needs java 1.6 and gcj doesn't
support it.

Am I doing the right thing? Or are AOT bits still important for java
1.6 packages? (which doesn't make sense to me)

Can you explain the dynamics laying behind so we can have more insight?

Thanks!
Orcan