[fedora-java] Does 1.4.2_08 support StringBuffer and Generics

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Thu Jul 23 11:00:57 UTC 2009

On 07/22/2009 11:23 PM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * ohaya at cox.net <ohaya at cox.net> [2009-07-22 16:57]:
>> The machine that I was working on had 1.4.2_08 version of gcj
>
> 1.4.2_08 is a Sun JVM version number.  And generics are a 1.5 feature.
> gcj has support for 1.5-level features but I'm not sure what version of
> gcj that began with.

January 8, 2007

    We've merged the gcj-eclipse branch to svn trunk. The merge
    changes gcj to use the Eclipse compiler as a front end, enabling
    all 1.5 language features. This merge also brings in a new,
    generics-enabled version of Classpath, including some new
    tools. This new code will appear in GCC 4.3.

Andrew.