[fedora-java] Suggestions to improve the JAVA guidelines

Victor Vasilyev Victor.Vasilyev at Sun.COM
Fri Jul 31 15:10:26 UTC 2009

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Overholt wrote:
> * Victor Vasilyev <Victor.Vasilyev at Sun.COM> [2009-07-30 19:33]:
>
>> Are there any valuable reasons for establishing dependencies on the
>> jpackage-utils if such facilities are not used in a package/subpackage?
> The BR on jpackage-utils could probably be made optional.

Why only BR?
For example, my package jemmy doesn't use the jpackage-utils facilities
in the run time too.

Moreover, I don't see any reasons to have the run time dependencies on
jpackage-utils for both javadoc and manual subpackages.
At least concerning javadoc subpackages the OpenJDK (i.e java-devel
package) must have complete set of tools to create javadoc, otherwise it
is a bug JDK, isn't it?

---
Victor