[fedora-java] The default java alternative?

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Wed May 6 13:30:04 UTC 2009

Hallo,

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 11:12:30AM +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Stepan Kasal wrote:
> > the differences between the two java's (e.g. that jni.h is installed
> > to the default include path by gcj but not by openjdk, different
> > javadocs) make the good old generic
> > 	BuildRequires: java-devel
> > very problematic, so I had to change it to
> > 	BuildRequires: java-1.5.0-gcj-devel
> >
> > Well, my package builds fine with gcj and my conscience is clear as I
> > have reported this, so all is fine.  :-)
>
> Sure, but it would make much more sense to look for jni.h in the right
> place: then it would build with either.  I would like to move jni.h out
> of the compiler's default include path, but then God only knows what
> else would break.

well http://bugzilla.redhat.com/498964#c1 seems to recommend
  for i in -I/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0/include{,/linux}; do
      java_inc="$java_inc $i"
  done
  %configure CPPFLAGS="$java_inc"

But I'm afraid that this might not work with gcj or java-1.7.0-opejdk
(if it existed).

Ideally, I would have a solution general for all the javas, e.g.

BuildRequires: java-devel
%build
for i in -I/usr/include/java{,/linux}; do
      java_inc="$java_inc $i"
done
%configure CPPFLAGS="$java_inc"

where /usr/include/java would be an alternatives-handled symlink.

Id that idea too wild?  Is there anything a java-illiterate Fedora
packager can do to maka it happen?

Cheers,
	Stepan