RHL Project Status? -- It appears stalled at the moment

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Fri Aug 15 22:55:53 UTC 2003

I know people have asked before, but what is the status of community
building?  The website disappeared, and is now a single page. There is a
   lot of discussion on what should and should not be done, but no
opportunity for anyone to do it.

A lot of developers, including myself, are not going to put in any time
or effort until there is a clear indication that this is something
serious. Right now it looks like a well intentioned failed attempt.

Red Hat is pulling back inside, the web site got pulled down and has not
been replaced, and there is no clear plan on where any of this is going.

I was really excited when I saw got the announcement of the Red Hat
Linux project, I really thought that Red Hat, Inc. had gotten on the
Clue Train, but right now, it looks like they are going to be left behind.

Red Hat needs to move this project forward somehow, perhaps setting up a
  contribution area, setting up CVS for people, or some other service to
show that Red Hat is serious about this. I'm sure there are a number of
people that would really like to work with Red Hat to make their
distribution the best, only if Red Hat would let us.

Peace.

john