Fedora LiveCD / Emergency Boot CD

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Wed Dec 3 15:24:06 UTC 2003

Dirk Westfal wrote:
> Question: would it be possible and usefull to add something like
> an 'createlivecd' install option to the installer ?

Now thats a very good question that has NOTHING to do with
trademarks....and everything to do with development.

i personally LOVE the idea of a livecd building toolbox as something
that can be added to the Fedora distro. But I don't think it makes sense
as an installer option....but maybe this is a direction to extend
kickstart?

I think a stand-alone post install tool sitting on a 'mastering' Fedora
Core install that knew how to access multiple rpm souces like yum repos
to grab packages needed for the livecd would be more useful than
something the installer would have to manage from a ramdisk image. I
don't a lot about kickstart, but how kickstart creates kickstart files
via redhat-config-kickstart  seems an obvious starting point example of
a tool that can look at setup of a 'mastering' host.

-jef

-jef