Fedora Core 2 wishlists

James Ralston qralston+ml.redhat-fedora-devel at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 9 00:10:59 UTC 2003

On 2003-12-08 at 08:44:54-0700 Stephen Smoogen <smoogen at lanl.gov> wrote:

> cyrus-imapd
>
> I have to take Simon Mater's RPMS at the moment, remove items that
> we dont need, alter some other items, and then recompile it.  While
> this would be going on anyway, I much prefer having one that has a
> lot more eyes looking at it.

But does it really make sense for Fedora to contain cyrus-imapd RPMs
if it is expected that most sites who are using it seriously will have
to recompile from SRPM anyway?

Would a better solution not be to see if Simon would be willing to
maintain his cyrus-imapd RPMs in fedora-extras?

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute