Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 05:06:51 UTC 2003

Daniel Roesen (dr at cluenet.de) said:
> - full IPSEC support
>
>   VPN server and client, with easy client setup foo (ifup/down-ipsec
>   is there, but references racoon which seems not to be included in FC1,
>   at least I find no *ipsec* or *racoon* RPMs). Please use
>   SuperFreeSWAN's IKE daemon (pluto), reasons outlined by Dax Kelson
>   in another mail in this thread.

racoon is currently in the devel tree. Patches for ifup/ifdown-ipsec
to support pluto accepted. :)

> - WaveLAN drivers: madwifi and prism54
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/

That driver includes binary-only components.

>   http://www.prism54.org/
>   Most cards nowadays use the Atheros (madwifi) or Prism chipsets,
>   otherwise you're really dead in the water for waveLAN under Linux

Get the driver upstream! :)

> - Enlightenment, with proper integration into GNOME like it was in
>   Red Hat Linux 6.2 *sniff*

-> extras, most likely. The greater demand for the !KDE !GNOME wm
is for XFCE, at the moment.

> - Courier as IMAP4/POP3 daemon with IPv6 and SSL support out-of-the-box,
>   to replace the other imap/pop server daemons.
>   Also include maildrop (procmail-like tool which integrates with
>   Courier's virtual user management) and perhaps squirrelmail (webmail
>   frontend).

Yes, we'll perhaps include squirrelmail as a followon to the
inclusion of squirrelmail in RHL 8.0, 9, and FC1. :)

Seriously, we're already looking at Cyrus, so I doubt that we'd ship
courier as well in Core.

Bill