Automatically bringing ethernet interfaces up when the cable is connected (Fedora Core 2 Wishlists)

Jaap A. Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Sat Dec 13 12:26:27 UTC 2003

Hi,

I apologize if this was already mentioned in Fedora Core 2 Wislists
thread but going trough 200 mails a day of which the subject line does
not really indicate if I'm interested in reading them, was a bit
daunting. Furthermore the search feature on the archives doesn't work at
the moment.

I would like to see that a network interface is automatically "ifupped"
when a cable gets connected and "ifdowned" if it is disconnected.
If network interfaces are then default configured with DHCP and DNS via
DHCP, networking will work for most people straight out of the box.
And for users of the other OS will be the expected behaviour

Jaap