rawhide questions

Matthew T. O'Connor matthew at zeut.net
Mon Dec 15 02:55:09 UTC 2003

Hello, I just installed a fresh copy of the fedora development version
onto a separate partition on my PC.  I downloaded the 5MB boot.iso and
did a network install.  Install went fine, but I have a few questions /
problems which might all be expected.

mouse is too fast - I have a USB Optical MS Intellimouse, works fine
under FC1 with the 2.4 kernel.  When I tried out arjan's 2.6 test kernel
on FC1 I had the same problem.  The mouse is very fast (sensitive), to
the point that it's barely useable.  Perhaps there is a way to configure
this, but I don't know it.

no sound - since we are on 2.6, I would guess we are using ALSA, but
none of the alsa utilities were installed, I assume this just hasn't
been done yet.  system-config-sound properly identifies my hardware, but
I get no sound.

system-config-users crashes: when I run it, I get this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-users/system-config-users.py", line 25,
in ?
    import libuser
ImportError: No module named libuser

xmms crashes - I just get a message that there was a Segmentation fault.

Any feedback would be appreciated.  If I get the mouse and the sound
worked out, I would be happy to keep using, testing and reporting
problems with the development versions of FC.

Thanks much,

Matthew