[OT] Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Wed Dec 17 16:49:45 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:57:44AM +0100, Colin Charles wrote:
> I'll vote against Maildir by default. PINE for instance won't read
> Maildir conveniently (either you patch it, or you get PINE to read over
> IMAP).
>
> Other MUA's don't too, iirc. elm iirc, doesn't too.

And both pine and elm are long gone from the distribution.

Personally, I like the idea of moving to Maildir by default.  All of
the mail programs included in Fedora now can either do Maildir or
IMAP, and it wouldn't be hard to switch for those who don't like the
default.

If OpenGroupware (or something like it, Kolab for example) is
included, you'd have an Exchange killer out of the box.

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/