Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Thu Dec 18 21:17:57 UTC 2003

Giacomo Magnini wrote:
> Sam Varshavchik ha scritto:
>
>> My old Atari ST computer used FAT on floppies. I think Amiga did to.
>> No.  Amiga used a very funny filesystem for their floppies.
>

> Maybe AFFS is funny by today's standards, but at the time it was much
> more advanced than fat:
> - long filenames
> - more data on a floppy (880K instead of 720K)

That's a crock. A standard single sided floppy is 1MB, unformatted.
I used to format 920K all the time on my STe. Some disks couldn't
reliably hold it, but I could format it.

Take a look at the fd* entries in
<kernel_source>/Documentation/devices.txt for several formats.

They use different numbers of sectors and track than the default thay
gives 720K/1440K formats.

	-Thomas