Self Introduction: Roozbeh Pournader

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at sharif.edu
Mon Dec 22 17:29:32 UTC 2003

1. Full legal name: Roozbeh Pournader (روزبه پورنادر)
2. Country, City: Iran, Tehran
3. Profession: CEO/CTO
4. Company: Sharif FarsiWeb Inc
5. Your goals in the Fedora Project

   I wish to help in the i18n efforts (no, I don't mean l10n)
   mainly.

Which packages do you want to see published?

   I don't have any special favourite that is not already
   published in Core or Extras.

Do you want to do QA?

   I'm fine with that, but it depends on the type of QA. I won't
   QA packages or features I won't use.

Anything else special?

   I also want to help make Fedora-based distributions possible,
   both technically and legally. But I really don't have any idea of
   a plan for that.

6. Historical qualifications

What other projects have you worked on in the past?

   FarsiTeX (http://www.farsitex.org), FarsiWeb
   (http://www.farsiweb.info), FriBidi (http://fribidi.sf.net/),
   and patches to GNOME, Mozilla, KDE, and Qt. Currently the Persian
   translation coordinator of GNOME and co-maintainer of GNU
   FriBidi.

What computer languages and other skills do you know?

   I'm fine in C, and know a little shell scripting (I have also
   payed the autotools tax). I consider myself good at Unicode and
   i18n-related issues, at least knowledge-level. I'm specially good
   in requirements of the Arabic script and the languages written in
   it (Persian, Arabic, Pashto, ...)

Why should we trust you?

   You shouldn't!

7. GPG KEYID and fingerprint

[roozbeh at guava glossary]$ gpg --fingerprint roozbeh at sharif.edu
pub  1024D/913797E7 2003-07-19 Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh at sharif.edu>
     Key fingerprint = 286C 0890 E41E 2A7D 013E  7CE2 BCA4 47C8 9137 97E7
sub  1024g/94A68719 2003-07-19

roozbeh