Vic^H^Holunteers needed for updated SATA code testing

Samuel Flory sflory at rackable.com
Tue Dec 2 02:23:46 UTC 2003

Justin M. Forbes wrote:
>>Positive comments so far from Promise and VIA users, so I reused someones RFE
>>in bugzilla for this (#103980) to possibly get it in a future kernel
>>update.
>

> I have merged these patches into the current Fedora kernel for AMD64,
> hopefully it will stay there until release, in which case, it should ship
> with an errata kernel for i386 users as well.
>

>>I've also not heard of anyone managing a working install image, if anyone
>>got it running, would they mind sharing? ;-)
>

> It is in the install image for x86_64, when I get some spare cycles I will
> do an install image for i?86 with this kernel.

   Which sata chipsets are we looking for?  I've got a wide range of SI,
ICH5, Promise, Highpoint, and God knows what else.  Other than a few
wierd software raid SATA controllers, and one ebedded promise
controllers it all works with the libata patches.

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.