Fedora LiveCD : Looking for Betatesters - Port of redhat 9.0 base to fedora core 1

nosp nosp at xades.com
Tue Dec 2 19:20:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 16:03, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Dirk Westfal (livelinux at nwst.de) said:
> > I'm currently using a fresh compiled 2.4.22 kernel from kernel.org with
> > openmosix patches.
>
> Why do you need a separate kernel? OpenMosix seems like and odd requirement
> for a live filesystem CD to me...

The openmosix kernel patch doesn't play nice with the ones from the RH
kernels.  NPTL, especially.  It's doable but non-trivial to amend the OM
patches to work on NPTL.  I started a while ago and got about halfway
through the rejects but didn't have the time to finish.

I suppose the motivation for OM is to be able to take the CD and some
machines and be able to create a cluster without even adding water :).
How useful/manageable that cluster would be, I don't know.