Vic^H^Holunteers needed for updated SATA code testing

Pekka Pietikainen pp at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Dec 2 22:26:35 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 06:23:46PM -0800, Samuel Flory wrote:
>   Which sata chipsets are we looking for?  I've got a wide range of SI,
> ICH5, Promise, Highpoint, and God knows what else.  Other than a few
> wierd software raid SATA controllers, and one ebedded promise
> controllers it all works with the libata patches.
If so even with the fc1 kernel with the updated patch, excellent!

Actually I just put up a newer version of the patch (with the fixes in
2.4.23-libata1.patch merged). Also nuked the 0x3378 ID since the promise
driver has 378 as 0x3373, which was already there, and nobody has said they
needed it. Apparently there was some confusion when I asked someone on fedora
whether their 378's ID was 0x3378 and they answered "yes", which is why I
added it in the first place.

Has gone through "it boots and detects the drive" testing, apparently
selinux security labels screw up 2.4 kernels (not just this one) quite
completely so that's all the testing I could do. Anyone know if there's an
easy way to remove them apart from backup, mke2fs and restore?

Same place as before, http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~pp/fc1-libata. Only athlon
kernel+src.rpm+patch up, i686 coming up soon. I don't think I'll do a full
set this time, it takes pretty long :/

--
Pekka Pietikainen