top problems

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 08:48:16 UTC 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 06:22:59PM +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> The lines displaying CPU usage are totally off. Either they're all at
> 0%, or irq, softirq and iowait are sharing everything among themselves,
> like this:

Heh, I noticed this a while back on AMD64 systems, and thought it was an
issue with my kernel.  I later forgot about it, and it is still there (the
error that I thought was causing it is fixed).  Now that I check my
systems, I noticed I get it on some and not on others:

I get it on:
IBM T23 Laptop, PIII 1GHz
AMD Athlon64, Gigabyte MB, NF3 chipset
AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Soltek MB, NF2 Chipset

I do not get it on:
SMP Intel PIII 2 x 600MHz, Supermicro board
AMD AthlonXP 1700+, Soyo MB, Via KT266A chipset

If you popped this in Bugzilla, let me know, and I will add this to the
comments.

Justin M. Forbes