Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 15:15:30 UTC 2003

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/

    No dates set yet, but a driving goal or defining characteristic will
    be the 2.6 Linux kernel -- unless the 2.6 Linux kernel takes too
    long to arrive. That is, we'll shorten the schedule to accomodate an
    earlier release of the 2.6 kernel, but not lengthen it to accomodate
    a later release of the 2.6 kernel.

2.6 is looking good.  There's a lot of integration work to do, though.

However, that won't be the ONLY feature of Fedora Core 2.  I'd like to
hear people's wishlists.  Not everything will be possible, but it would
be nice to have a good list from which to pick the possibilities, and
from which to also pick ideas later for Fedora Core 3.

FWIW, one thing that we're not likely to do is just push the schedule
out by a week for project foo, another week for project bar, etc. ad
nauseum.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/