Fedora Core 2 wishlists

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Dec 8 19:40:40 UTC 2003

> Backup tools I second. The three configuration items above all others I've
> seen are

I'd follow this up with a couple of suggestions:

1. rdiff-backup[1] - it's nice, it's in python, it works well for
allowing multiple-days-going back in a relatively small space. it's easy
to do restores from. It's great for disk-to-disk or host-to-host backups
w/ssh keys

2. since it is in python importing most of its functionality into a
simple config gui that can be scheduled from cron would be quite useful.

thoughts?

[1] http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/

-sv