FC backup policy was Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Matthew T. O'Connor matthew at zeut.net
Mon Dec 8 20:32:47 UTC 2003

Jef Spaleta wrote:

>Jesse Keating wrote:
>

>>I would like to see mondo rescue included
>>(http://www.mondorescue.org)
>>as well as it's tool chain (mindi, afio, buffer, lzo, lzop)
>>

>As I've said in other forums. I think any attempt at providing the
>average user with an intuitive backup solution as a core feature is a
>step in the right direction.

Couldn't agree more.

Would it be possible to create a system that identifies files that are
either, not part of an rpm, or have been modified since being
installed.  That way, you would backup all the config files that you
edited (smb.conf etc...) and not the ones that are still using the
system default.