Self-Introduction: David Farning

David Farning dfarning at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 9 09:31:50 UTC 2003

Full legal name - David Farning

Country, City - US Madison WI

Profession or Student status - Student

Company or School - MATC

Your goals in the Fedora Project -

My main interest  in package management and tools.  This interest comes
from several years experience attempting to keep several non-homogeneous
system updated in a secure military environment.  In this environment no
one had any time and few had the ability to keep the system current.
The phrase 'damn it, just make it happen' was heard frequently.

I am interested in doing QA for package management tools.

Historical qualifications -

I am a newcomer to the world of linux.  Prior experience includes
developing a database to keep track of security clearances in an US Army
Ranger Battalion.  Languages include: Java, vb, python, bash, Perl.  Why
should we trust you?  Well, the special operations community trusted me
to keep track of security clearances-so depending on your political
leaning I'm either pretty darn trustworthy or else the devil himself (no
longer any military affiliation so I can make that little joke). As part
of the fedora project, I would like to get some QA work done to build my
trust rating.  Current working on moving synaptic through the QA
process.

Additional -
I'd like to get it out in the open that I am dyslexic.
Occasionally/often my writing looks like very unprofessional. If I'm not
clear, just say so.  I'll try to make myself more clear.

GPG KEYID and fingerprint -

pub  1024D/00A5635B 2003-11-14 David Farning (no comment)
<dfarning at sbcglobal.net>

Key fingerprint = A603 E2FD 9EB8 0531 FB59  170B B622 9C25 00A5 635B

sub  1024g/08867B06 2003-11-14