httpd

Daniel Hedlund daniel at digitree.org
Tue Dec 9 11:25:58 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 22:10, Mako Gabor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Why does the httpd run on port 443 and 80 by default? I cannot stop the port
> 443. It is bug or feature? :)
> There is not the port 443 in the httpd.conf still listen on port 443.

Port 443 is when you have https (secure http) enabled.  Port 80 is plain
http.  To disable SSL support (remove https), edit your
/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf file.  I'm not sure exactly which bits to
comment out, but I think if you comment out the "LoadModule ..." line
toward the top and "SSLEngine ..." line somewhere around 112, that
should stop it.  Alternatively, just comment everything out or move the
ssl.conf file from the conf.d directory.  Cheers,

Daniel

--
Daniel Hedlund
daniel at digitree.org