Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 13:06:06 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 04:35:38PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > That aside, the *installer* should be able to upgrade your system
> > over multiple releases.  There is a lot of "do the right thing"
> > magic in the installer, and you will minimally get *different*
> > results upgrading with yum.
>
> I'd like to see the 'do the right thing' magic reduced and the ability
> for shared depresolution mechanism b/t s-c-p, yum and anaconda so the
> whitelists and blacklists in anaconda can be taken advantage of by the
> other updating tools.

Well, this isn't just white/blacklists.  I'll let the installer folks
discuss this in more detail because I don't know all the functionality
involved.

But yes, I think that sharing the white/blacklists somehow would be
useful.  But I don't have any suggestions for how to do it.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/