Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Dec 9 13:10:39 UTC 2003

Alan Cox wrote :

> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 10:44:41AM -0500, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> > 1) an easy-bake config tool for basic amanda server/client setup
> > including easy-bake configuration of backup to harddrives.
>
> Backup tools I second. The three configuration items above all others
> I've seen are
> 	-	"masquerade" button on redhat-config-network
> 	-	backup tool
> 	-	dhcpd configuration
>
> I'm interested what tools other people find are lacking there ?

Something I really miss : An LDAP server configuration utility. LDAP is
great, but currently implementing it is a nightmare, and maintaining it
too, even for typical simple implementations. Tools like
directory_administrator or gq just aren't suitable for most situations.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2129.nptl
Load : 0.77 0.87 0.80