Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 13:13:13 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:17:30AM +0100, Gerard Milmeister wrote:
> If the FC2 kernel is 2.6, will alsa be the default sound drivers?
> If yes, what is the version w.r.t alsa-project.org? Maybe a

We don't want to put together a patchwork kernel.  If an update is
not ready for the upstream kernel, why should it be considered ready
for the Fedora Core kernel?

> configuration tool for some of the alsa features would be in order then?

I prefer things to just work out of the box when possible...

What features would you be suggesting there be config tool support
for?

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/