Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Karl DeBisschop kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com
Tue Dec 9 15:09:45 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 08:38, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le mar 09/12/2003 à 01:24, Xose Vazquez Perez a écrit :
>
> > Xose's wishes list. All for this year ;-)
>
> >  o A good network monitoring program:
> >    http://www.nagios.org http://www.opennms.org http://bb4.com

Just to pipe in, I'm the packager for nagios and the lead developer and
packager for plugins that run the actual tests. I'd be more than happy
to closely target development for Fedora, but personally I tend to agree
that it is more of an extras thing.

Also, while the plugins in alpha have been updated to use gettext, no
translations have yet been done. And nagios itself has not really been
internationalizied at all yet, AFAIK. So the FC2 time table might not be
ideal for inclusion of nagios either. FC3 might be better.

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com>
Pearson Education/Information Please