Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Karl DeBisschop kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com
Tue Dec 9 16:53:03 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 11:29, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:13:38AM -0500, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> > I think there are a lot of good points here. OTOH, firebird is the
> > advertised direction that Mozilla.org is heading in, so I cite Fedora
> > objective #5: Be on the leading edge of open source technology, by
> > adopting and helping develop new features and version upgrades.
>
> Right, along with the focus on upstream development, and that "advertised
> direction" means that the choice should be mozilla OR Firebird/Thunderbird
> not both.

I'm a lot more comfortable with Firebird than Thunderbird at the moment.
In those terms, I'd have to stick with classic for FC2 :-(

Of course, the reason I started using evolution at all is that a
netscape browser crash will kill the mail client as well, which is just
not acceptable. And I still found the same thing in Mozilla just last
week. So for my purposes, FireBird + Evolution is worth a lot more than
than Mozilla Classic. But I think I've said enough on the topic. Thanks
for hearing me out.

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com>
Pearson Education/Information Please