Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 9 17:20:40 UTC 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 11:45 am, Chris Ricker wrote:
> > Mailscanner isn't includable for other reasons. For starters, it's not
> > usable with Postfix -- it directly grabs mail in the queue, which Postfix
> > forbids. Wietse doesn't support and frequently warns people not to use it
> > b/c it eats email, etc.
>
> Is this true with the current version 4.25?  As I use sendmail and not
> postfix, this doesn't bother me anyway.

Yes. I wouldn't be surprised if it could also lose mail under some
circumstances with sendmail.  The milter interface is there for a reason ;-)

>  Just addressing the comment made;  not saying the MailScanner is worthy
> of inclusion in FC, as it has quirks that may preclude its inclusion.
> But all software has quirks, some more quirky and others.

IMO, mimedefang would be a better choice of the two to include, as it does
work with postfix and sendmail, and uses their defined interfaces for
hooking in. Now that exim's included I suppose software should be chosen
which works with it as well -- don't know about it and mimedefang

later,
chris