Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Dec 9 17:43:44 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 12:20 pm, Chris Ricker wrote:
> Yes. I wouldn't be surprised if it could also lose mail under some
> circumstances with sendmail.  The milter interface is there for a reason
> ;-)

Well, like I said, I haven't had any problems as yet.  The portability of
milter might be an issue for some, in that the MTA has to support it.  Then
there's the issue of versions.  I guess i could rebuild the latest sendmail,
but it's not something I relish.

> IMO, mimedefang would be a better choice of the two to include, as it does
> work with postfix and sendmail, and uses their defined interfaces for
> hooking in. Now that exim's included I suppose software should be chosen
> which works with it as well -- don't know about it and mimedefang

FWIW, MailScanner advertises Postfix, Exim, ZMailer, and Sendmail
compatibility.

But if there were a good installation wrapper for MIMEdefang and my older
sendmail on my SPARC box then I wouldn't have a problem switching over, if
the features are worth it.  I have found MailScanner to be quite flexible in
its configuration, thus far.  Time will tell.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology