Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 20:25:58 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 03:11:35PM -0500, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 07:35:14PM +0100, Stephan Windischmann wrote:
> > Can we get rid of sendmail and standardize on a different MTA, such as
> > postfix? Sendmail should still be part of the distro, but not as a
> > default MTA. It's way too difficult to configure, and security-wise, it
> > doesn't compare that well to others.

The development tree now contains also "exim". Said to be really easy to setup
and work well. Even postfix can be hard to setup for some cases. ;-)

I am not sure we can move away from the "classic" sendmail app as default MTA,
but we at least open up the discussion and look at the other MTAs.

greetings,

Florian La Roche