Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Edward C. Bailey ed at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 20:50:12 UTC 2003

MKJ> I've taken HCI, I'm not entirely clueless here.  Obviously, the
MKJ> language used to expose it must express what is happening.  We could
MKJ> call it the "Useless" class if you didn't want anyone to select it,
MKJ> though that would get a flood of mailing list questions.  "Bare-bones"
MKJ> has been suggested.  There's got to be the right name somewhere to
MKJ> convey the right impression (install this and you are on your own),
MKJ> but there's also the text that accompanies the name and we really can
MKJ> describe what is going on there.

Maybe focus on the way this type of install would be used.  You install the
<foo> class and then manually add only the packages you need.

This brings to mind the following words:

    o Fundamental

    o Elemental

    o Foundational

    o Infrastructural (though "infrastructure" is a relatively overloaded
      term these days)

    o Additive (thinking of what you need to do to get a useful configuration)

    o Add-On (ditto)

Do any of these terms strike a chord with anyone?

                            Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/