2.6 kernel rpm feature requests (Re: ext3 online resize)

Pekka Pietikainen pp at ee.oulu.fi
Wed Dec 10 10:29:10 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 08:44:44PM +0000, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 18:06, Dax Kelson wrote:
>
> > I noted that ext3 online resize was in Arjan's 2.6. Did this stay?
> > Having stable,reliable online resize would be most excellent.
>
> You're the 2nd person to ask for it, so if this turns out to be
> something people really want, it could make a reappearance.
This would probably be a good place as any for ask for JFS support in the
2.6 kernel rpms in rawhide (even if it's in kernel-unsupported). Wouldn't
even require any patches in this case :-)

That and PPPoE support (which requires userspace updates to be usable,
but wouldn't probably hurt to be a module in -unsupported either?).
Other than that, the 2.6 test kernel rpms have everything I need.

--
Pekka Pietikainen