Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Karl DeBisschop kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com
Wed Dec 10 11:55:43 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 00:06, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Daniel Roesen (dr at cluenet.de) said:
> - Courier as IMAP4/POP3 daemon with IPv6 and SSL support
out-of-the-box...
> Seriously, we're already looking at Cyrus, so I doubt that
> we'd ship courier as well in Core.

I also tend to think it would be an extras thing, in part because I
don't see what would be moved out, and in part because there are MTA
components with a lot more proven maturity.

But it's worth mentioning that courier really shines, in my experience
when installed as one suite. You get an MTA + POP + IMAP + Webmail +
Webadmin without needing to configure them to work together. It just
works out of the box. And out of the box, they are all SSL-aware, as
well (which wasn't the case a few years back when I started using it for
my home network).

So whether in core, or more likely in extras, I'd like to plug the
entire courier suite instead of just the IMAP/POP3 components. It could
be very well suited to the home or small office where the person in the
sysadmin role might not have a great deal of experience setting up a
complete mail system to work together.

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com>