MySQL client relicense (was RE: Fedora Core 2 wishlists)

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Dec 10 15:13:07 UTC 2003

Once upon a time, Murray.Cumming at Comneon.com <Murray.Cumming at Comneon.com> said:
> I am looking in the MySQL 4 tarball. Exactly what license document do you
> mean? COPYING.LIB is still the LGPL.

COPYING.LIB is just a copy of the LGPL (I don't know why they include it
since nothing references it AFAIK).

The web site says it is all under the GPL, right at the top of the
download page at http://www.mysql.com/downloads/index.html.  The manual
from 4.0.16 says:

  All the `MySQL'-specific source in the server, the `mysqlclient'
  library and the client, as well as the `GNU' `readline' library is
  covered by the `GNU General Public License'.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>