About Vera fonts (was: Fedora Core 2 wishlists)

Julien Olivier julo at altern.org
Wed Dec 10 17:34:39 UTC 2003

> > I don't know if it's hardware related or something else but, on my
> > laptop, Vera fonts with subpixel smoothing on are *way* nicer than
> > Luxi/Nimbus fonts with or without subpixel smoothing.
>
> Well, that's certainly the first time I see anyone writing that
> Luxi/Nimbus is better than Vera. Must have had some trauma in his past;)

If we are more than 2 people thinking that Vera is really better than
Nimbus/Luxi, is there a hope to see Fedora use them by default then
(provided that there is a good solution to the coverage issue and to the
fact that the serif oblique font doesn't work in OpenOffice) ?

--
Julien Olivier <julo at altern.org>