Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Karl DeBisschop kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com
Wed Dec 10 21:26:26 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 16:20, Gene C. wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 19:44, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> > I agree.  Once you get beyond the absolute minimum system you can
> > boot and update in the most minimal way, we're right down a slipperly
> > slope to the current minimal-but-not-really-minimal situation and we
> > might as well not bother to change a thing.  This is something that
> > you should not use unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing.
> >
> > Now, I really like Alan's name of bootstrap for this.
> >
> > If someone wants bootstrap+yum, they can do that and the installer
> > can work out the dependencies for them.
>
> Perhaps "bootstrap mode only comes up if you do an "expert" install.

I would prefer that it is generally available. But I see your point.

As I was thinking this over last night, I did come to one reservation
about the word 'bootstrap' - does anyone have a sense of how well that
translates?

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com>
Pearson Education/Information Please