The Future of Fedora

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed Dec 10 23:04:16 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 22:27, Jesse Keating wrote:
> doing Bad Things(tm) to it by accident.  When trying to have a
> conversation about these issues, it's imperative that you look at it
> from BOTH sides before you start stating things.

I must say that I didn't even start with anything Unix related...
First it was DOS and that thing that came with those Amstrads (I can't
even remember the proper name), then Windows, then Mac, then Mac at home
Windows on the university, until... just then... DG/UX, and finally I
got a PC, with Windows and "Linux" in dual boot (then I confused the
whole system with the kernel) understood.

Only after these steps did the importance of Free Software start to come
to me.

Right now, at work, I have to struggle with colleagues who are not as
fully capable to know how to maintain their systems as they should be
(the _best_ Windows admin I ever saw was laid off for petty reasons).

They're very nice people, but _that_ isn't administration, and I find
myself having to "transcend" my knowledge by looking at the GUI's and
trying to give them hints on what to do or what to search for.

So I have an idea of how "easy" Windows really is when you try to do
something advanced.

the answer is not at all ;)

Hugs, Rui

+ So let's do it...?