fedora-devel not up-to-date with fedora-yarrow-updates? (please fix)

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Thu Dec 11 16:42:15 UTC 2003

Mark Mielke wrote:
> I want to help you all test the packages. Right now, I have to
> make sure I have the latest packages in both fedora-yarrow-updates >
*and* fedora-devel. This seems wrong.

It might seem wrong..but im not sure it is completely wrong.
How many of those updates were pushed out because they were security
fixes? I don't think its completely right to argue that security fixes
should show up in -devel first. People using -devel should understand
that security might take a lower priority on the development branch
compared to technology integration tasks at times. And even looking
beyond the role of security in the list of priorities for the two
trees....I'm not even sure a general rule of -devel first for updates
that are going out for an FC release is reasonable. I expect -devel and
update-releases to be out of sync depending on the phase of the moon and
the pacing tasks at hand.

-jef"if this post makes it to the list before my last post, im not going
to be happy"spaleta