Ettore Perazzoli 1974-2003

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 14 07:26:14 UTC 2003

Dear Guys,

	I know that this isn't the place for such a posting, but I just thought
that many people weren't aware of what's happened.

	On Wednesday December 10th, Ettore Perazzoli suddenly passed away. For
those who don't know, Ettore was the lead hacker on Evolution-the very
application I'm using to write this mail. Ettore was a friend who will
be dearly missed. I'm sure many of the RedHat hackers knew, and were
friends with Ettore. Ettore was a talented programmer, artist musician
and recently, photographer.  He was a huge part of Gnome and helped make
it what it is today.
	I just wanted to let people know about the tragic loss and pain, that
is now left to fill the gaping void in the puzzle. He meant so much,
gave so much to so many and yet had so much left accomplish. I hung out
with Ettore a few times at various linuxworld's and spoke to him on
irc/email from time to time, and he is just about the nice person that
you will ever meet.
	I just wanted to express my condolences to everyone at Ximian as well
as all the other's who knew him.
	So next time you fire out an email, just remember that someone up above
is looking down and smiling. His life's work was not for naught.

You will truly be missed my friend.
--Jack