FC2 initial schedule posted

Chris Funderburg chris at funderburg.com
Mon Dec 15 22:57:57 UTC 2003

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 15:07, Chris Funderburg wrote:
>

>>So, how realistic
>>is that for FC2 and how much work will it take?  If  (eventually) it
>>gets into FC,
>>will it then go into the next RedHat Enterprise?
>>

>I wouldn't hold my breath. For either of them. If it happens, I'll be
>absolutely impressed, and I'm willing to help as much as I can to get
>Fedora SPARC to that point, but RHEL is a market driven product, as
>opposed to Fedora Core. I have never seen a serious market for
>Linux/SPARC.

Indeed.  I assumed as much.  Oh well.  :-(

My problem is one of maintenance and security.  It would be so nice to
be able to just
run "up2date" to keep the machines secure.  But at the end of the day,
I'd just be happy
with the odd "%ifarch sparc64" in the .spec files.  Someone's kept those
things in there
for years but I've always been a bit skeptical of how well they work.