XFS userland tools for FC2?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Dec 16 15:01:31 UTC 2003

Hi,

As the 2.6 kernel in Fedora Core development now has xfs support, and as
grub has had stage 1.5 support for xfs for some time too, are we to expect
userland tools packaged into FC soon? Getting an optional install-time
support like for jfs and reiserfs would be great too.

I have some xfs filesystems working fine with FC development. I'm just
using the tools from xfsprogs and haven't toyed around with dump or acls,
as I probably won't need those myself.

Packages of xfsprogs 2.6.0 are here :
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/testing/1/xfsprogs/

And a spec file which could be use as a starting point (based on Axel
Thimm's one, based in turn on the included one AFAICT) :
http://freshrpms.net/packages/builds/index.html?build=xfsprogs

I'll bugzilla a RFE if needed :-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2132.nptl
Load : 0.13 0.72 0.84